The aim of our Privacy Notice is to explain how we collect, process and use your personal data and in doing so how we comply with data protection law and our obligations to you.
HealthConex Limited (HealthConex) is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and candidates.
HealthConex processes personal data including sensitive personal data so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the company is responsible for your data. HealthConex is committed to protecting your privacy, the privacy of our clients and users of our website. We will only use personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
You may give your personal details to HealthConex directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as job boards or social media campaigns. We may also receive data from other sources and third parties. HealthConex’s legal basis for processing your personal data is for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you.
HealthConex may collect your personal data via our website, during a face to face meeting, over email and from third parties. Depending on regulatory and contractual requirements we may collect all or some of the data listed below to enable us to offer you work (please note that the list is not exhaustive):
• Date of birth/age
• Martial status
• Email address
• Telephone numbers
• Emergency contact details
• Education history and relevant qualifications
• Professional registration information
• Full employment history
• Referee details
• Immigration details
• Recent photograph
• Copies of your passport, driving licence and/or identity card
• Proof of address
• NI Number
• Other financial information
• Equal opportunities information
• Details of criminal convictions/cautions
• IP Address
• Details of your remuneration
• Immunisation and serology reports
• Health details
• Information regarding prior professional misconduct, disciplinary action and investigations
Personal data is held securely by HealthConex and is located on a server(s) operated by Purple Penguin Media Limited.; it may be processed, used, stored and disclosed as follows:
• To provide work seeking services
• To maintain our relationship with our clients, candidates and website users
• To enable you to submit your CV for consideration
• To subscribe to job alerts and other marketing information, you may opt out of this type of processing by withdrawing your consent at any time
• To assist HealthConex in finding suitable positions this may involve declaring personal data to our clients to allow them to make recruitment decisions, this may include divulging sensitive personal data. Please be aware that where sensitive personal data is required to be disclosed, as a contractual requirement, HealthConex will ensure that your data is anonymised where appropriate.
• To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
• To answer queries
• To monitor equal opportunities
• To verify details or request external validation of the information you have provided
• To enable HealthConex to renew compliance checks and carry out payroll and invoicing processes; data may be made accessible or transferred and processed outside of the European Economic Area. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
• To trusted third party organisations such as intermediary companies and master/neutral vendor organisations for work finding or payment purposes
• To other third-party organisations who carry out checks on behalf of or provide services for HealthConex for example educational checks, training provision, occupational health purposes and DBS processing
• To regulatory or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of their investigation or collection of taxes or duties. Your information will be disclosed where we are permitted or required to by law.
• To enable HealthConex to monitor traffic and movements around our website. Website data is stored securely and not shared with anyone.
• For other collection, holding and uses not listed above we will seek your consent.
Where personal data is required by law/and or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require your personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract you will be obliged to provide the data, if you do not the consequence of failure to provide the data are:
• HealthConex discontinuing your registration
• HealthConex no longer being able to offer you work via the agency
Sharing personal information with third parties
In accordance with our legal obligations, we may share information with local authorities such as Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), Nursing homes, Hospitals, Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS), Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI), referees supplied for references, nominated solicitors for visa processing and UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). We may also need to share information with our legal advisers for the purpose of obtaining legal advice.
If you are a Client, the Company may also share your personal data for the purposes of providing you with recruitment services which may include, with our Candidates or intermediary organisations where appropriate.
HealthConex considers that it is acting in the public interest when providing recruitment consultancy services. HealthConex must also comply with an additional condition where it processes special categories of personal information. These special categories are as follows: personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic information, biometric information, health information, and information about sex life or orientation. In most cases HealthConex will not process any of the information above, however where we are acting as a data processer for third parties, health information may be processed in order for your employer to assess your health, wellbeing and suitability for the role you have applied for.
As data processor rather than controller
For instances where your primary relationship is with an agent or other company which has selected HealthConex to provide contracted services, we will act as a data processor. This means that we will only process your data in order to provide the contracted services.
Sending information to other countries
We may send your information to other countries where:
• We store information on computer servers based within the EEA.
• We communicate with you when you are overseas (for example, if you are living in a different country).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored by your Internet browser on your computer’s hard drive, which permits us to recognize you when you access this Site. If you are browsing, a cookie is used to help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics relating to your use of this Site. If you are searching, a cookie is used to carry the search request data from the request page to the results page. This cookie, by itself, doesn’t tell us your email address or who you are.
Please note portions of this Site will not function if you do not accept cookies. Tracking user preferences also helps us serve you targeted advertising. Targeted advertisements are probably more interesting for you and are more productive for our advertisers.
We keep your information for as long as we need to in order to provide the services that you, your agency or your employer have contracted us for. Our core business is healthcare recruitment. Once we have placed you in employment we will keep some information for a period of fifteen months after this, for example, so that we can carry out welfare checks or should your new employer have any recruitment consultancy queries.
We will also keep some of your information in case you require our recruitment services in the future. In normal circumstances we will delete all of your data after 6 years. In exceptional circumstances we may keep your information for a longer time than usual, but we would only do so if we had a good reason and only if we are allowed to do so under data protection law.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
• The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
• The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
• The right to rectification of your personal data;
• The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
• The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
• The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
• The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
• The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
• The right to withdraw consent at any time
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer, Springfield House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5BG
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it, please contact:
Complaints or queries
Data Protection Officer, Springfield House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5BG Tel 01625704898